Specialist services currently offered by Lochaber CAB are
- Welfare Rights : Assistance with complex and health related benefits claims and to dispute any unfavourable benefits decision including representation at Appeal Tribunals
- Money Advice Service: help with managing your money better and dealing with any debts you may have. We are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and approved Debt Arrangement Scheme providers.
- Employment rights : Assistance to raise grievances, negotiate and if necessary to apply to Employment Tribunals and assist with early conciliation.
- Housing Rights : Assistance to understand and assert rights as a tenant, deal with arrears and security of tenure or when accessing Homelessness assistance. We are also able to offer landlords detailed advice and assistance.
- Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS): advice, information and support for people wishing to give feedback or comments, raise concerns or make complaints about health care delivered by NHS Scotland.
- Kinship Care: support for people who look after the child of a family member or close friend.
- Midwifery : We work in partnership with the Highland Council and local Midwifery Service to offer income maximisation advice to expectant mothers
- Mental Health : We work in partnership with local Mental Health services to offer income maximisation advice to people affected by mental health issues
- Macmillan Cancer : We work in partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support to offer income maximisation advice to people affected by cancer
Lochaber CAB works with various funders to provide this diverse range specialist advice services. These services are usually targeted at people in common circumstances or at addressing particular problems and are delivered by a mixture of paid specialists and trained volunteer advisers.